Monday, April 23, 2012

Bike to Work Day 23 of #30DaysOfBiking

This morning I opted for a change of pace. I swapped the Moots for the Tricross for the road ride into the office. The morning was brisk for late April making me appreciate long sleeve cycling jersey and miss full fingered cycling gloves. Morning meetings cooperated nicely allowing me to roll into the office after temps warmed a bit. Thanks to Dad for keeping me company during the ride.



I made a bit of progress on tour planning during work today by getting the name of a charity coordinator. Hopefully she can help me get a donation site setup that will also do company match. Here's hoping.

The evening ride home was brisk. I waited until later to miss peak traffic and to avoid rain clouds the forecast showed sweeping through the area. The rain clouds never materialized at the office and I didn't get drenched on the way home. I did get to play my favorite game with the speed limit sign again.



I rewarded my hard work with a bowl of Blue Bunny ice cream with chocolate syrup. Yum.



I also spent more time this evening with Open Street Map and the Garmin eTrex 30. I may have finally figured out a way to get the right OSM content onto the unit with maps from CloudMade.

My left knee is holding up after 121 miles and crash on Saturday followed by 10ish miles on Sunday and 15ish miles today.

Does anyone know a good way to send blog post notifications on blogger.com to more than 10 people? Do I have to create an email list? Any recommended list service?

No comments:

Post a Comment