Sunday, July 22, 2012

Hiking Shenandoah White Oak and Cedar Run


The day before Old Rag I explored more of the Shenandoah valley.





White oak and Cedar run trails have some great waterfalls














I really got wrapped up in the hike enjoying the trails and falls. Starting back up from the valley a fellow hiker advised it would take at least three hours to climb out. He gave an estimated finish time of 10PM. I had lights and food so wasn't too worried. At the same time that sounded like a challenge. Could I go up faster than I came down?

I don't have exact numbers but I do know I reached the car well before 10PM including a jog back up Skyline drive in beautiful misty dusk.
This is another great hike. The climb up is fantastic. It's like a step aerobics class administered by mother nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment