Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Progress

First bike fitting on new bike over the weekend. Second fitting next weekend. It's going to take some getting used to. I can't wait to try it out. 29" is a lot of tire.


Other progress: Ordered maps for Canada section of trail. Added 2nd front and rear light to current bike for better night visibility. Added helmet light (thanks Rebecca!). I'm pushing around 300 lumens forward now and 150 backward. One front light points out to light the trail ahead. In traffic I flip it to strobe to annoy drivers and make my presence known. One light points just in front of the front tire for small obstacles at close range. Helmet light is set mid range and I course follows my range of view. All 3 rear lights are red strobes. Two on the bike with irregular cadence and one on my head. I got a few more miles in the saddle over the weekend. I need to focus more on that. I'm chalking this weekend up to easing back into riding. Moisture is a problem with current rain jacket outer shell. I like the warmth though. I'll experiment with more open vents. Top 4 priorities right now: Time in saddle New bike finished Order frame bags Schedule long biking trips Frame bags: http://www.revelatedesigns.com/index.cfm They tend to have long lead times so gotta order soon. Jan, feb, mar, apr, may could potentially be 5 training trips. On the wishlist are: Palmetto trail in SC TNGA route in GA Cowboy trail in NE GAP/C&O from DC to PA Multiple repeats on Curtis creek trail in NC. 15 miles all uphill.

No comments:

Post a Comment