Sunday, January 22, 2012

Orders Away!

I knew I would get exercise but I had no idea my credit card would too.  Orders abound but that's also progress:
  • I decided to keep sale price e-vent jacket and pair it with after market rain hood.  This should help with moisture and warmth.  Rain hood is on order.
  • Dog experience this week reminded me of need for dog mace. On order
  • I pulled the trigger on trunk bag, tangle bag, and handlebar bag from relevate designs.  On order.
  • I'm awaiting confirmation on sizes for full triangle frame bags before ordering that.
  • Memory for my mac so I can work faster to bike more. On order.
The CC company called today to confirm I haven't lost my mind, or my card. I'm taking pride in that at the moment.  Though it adds another item to the todo list. I have to get everything setup for a proxy while I am indisposed on the trail.

I logged 31 miles in the rain yesterday.  The trip home was less exciting than the trip out.  I had a few critter encounters including deer and cats.  I've heard, and continue to believe, that seeing deer is good luck.  I've learned that cats are dumb. They lay in the road and stare at me approaching on bicycle. I have to steer around them or they will lay there and become road kill.

Oh, and dogs.  I discovered a cyclist's dilemma.  Riding with strobe lights is best practice to be seen by motorists.  You can tell if strobes are working by dog responses.  Strobes drive dogs crazy.  It's like red meat with a side of cat fur. They give bark and chase and generally go ape shit.  I've ridden by the same dogs with and without strobes.  The strobe riles even the most disciplined side kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment